Interstellar: The Future is in Our Hands

 



    For our project, we had to put ourselves in the shoes of a time-traveler. Instantly, as I imagined what our far off world might look like, I knew the message I would give. Here it is:

Hello, my friends from 2022. I have come to tell you that you have a job to do, and you must do it well, lest you wish the world to become the atrocity that we have seen it become. First, let me ask you a question: how many people do you know that believe in magic? If your answer is no, then let me tell you why you should change your opinion. In the year 2090, magic is nothing more than a myth, if anyone has even heard of it at all. This is because in the years prior to this travesty, people let go of the importance of believing in something. Humans no longer felt the need to imagine things when technology made everything available to them in the blink of an eye. Without the possibility that imagination brings, the world lost its vast color, the ocean lost its roaring importance according to people, and stories slowly died. People no longer cared for magic, so all fantastical books were used as wood for backyard fires. Eventually, it became an unspoken rule that no one would write magical stories, and in the absence of their telling, magic died off like many of earth’s specimens. Because of this, myself along with the last remaining scholars of literature formed a rebellion. The books you see around me are what I keep preserved; unless you listen to this message, this will be all that exists for the rest of time. So, now, before signing off, I ask you all to believe. Believe in magic so our stories don’t die, believe in the power of keeping our oceans clean so our earth can thrive, and most importantly, believe that you have the power to save the world that we so cherish.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zima Blue: A Masterpiece from the Future

Final Project

Hon 255: Idea Lab for the Humanities—Initial Thoughts and Expectations